Pages

A Poem For Bad Days

Whenever my one of my kids and I have had a rough day, I end their evening with this poem. While I'm tucking them in, or handing them their goodnight snack- this is what they hear. And I think it's extremely important that every child who comes into my home- no matter how old they are, knows that they are NOT a bad child (no matter how 'bad' they may behave).
 
Everyone sometimes cries.
Everyone feels sad.
Everyone get's teary eyes,
but that doesn't mean they're bad.

Everyone sometimes yells.
Everyone gets mad.
Everyone does angry things,
but that doesn't mean they're bad.

You can whine today,
it's okay if you need to cry.
Let those tears come freely,
I'll be here to wipe your eyes.

If you sometimes get upset,
and do things you shouldn't do.
Know, no matter what you say-
I'll always still love you.

You can kick and scream,
you can say you've had enough.
If you get mad and if you get mean,
I still won't give up on my love.

Because you, my child, are special.
You're one of a kind.
I see brilliant things within you,
and I'm so happy to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment